Angelina Jolie (full name Angelina Jolie Voight) was born on 4 June, 1975 in Los Angeles, California, USA. She is a famous American actress and a former model. She is known for her exotic looks, her tumultuous off-screen life and her humanitarian work with refugees. Regarding her family, Angelina Jolie is the daughter of actors Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand and sister of James Haven. She is also niece of Chip Taylor and the god-daughter of Jacqueline Bisset and Maximilian Schell. Her grandparents were French-Canadian and her paternal-grandfather was from Czechoslovakia. Thus, she is of Czech and English descent on her father’s side and of French-Canadian and
Iroquois on her mother’s.
As a teenager , she dreamed of becoming a funeral director. She attended the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute from the age of 11, later attending Beverly Hills High School. Though Angelina Jolie enrolled at the film school at New York University after finishing “Gia”, she did not complete her studies. She has been long estranged from her father, blaming his infidelity for the break-up of the family , though a reconciliation was attempted by his appearing with her in “Lara Croft: Tomb Raider”. In 2004, Angelina Jolie indicated that she was no longer interested in pursuing a relationship with her father, but that she did not hate him because she realised that “…we only have so much energy in this life”. Soon afterwards, he claimed that she has “serious emotional problems” while she legally dropped Voight as her last name and took “Angelina Jolie” as new legal name.
Before Angelina Jolie began a career as an actress, she was a model. Her first starring role came in the 1995 film Hackers. In 1998 Angelina Jolie achieved a major critical success, starring in the TV film “Gia”, the true story of 1970-80s supermodel Gia Carangi, who died of AIDS. She won Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild and Golden Satmifie awards and was nominated for an Emmy. She had roles in several box-office flops until 1999, when she co-starred in “The Bone Collector” with Denzel Washington and won an Oscar for “Girl, Interrupted”. Beside the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, the latter movie also brought three Golden Globes. Her first healding blockbuster role came from “Lara Croft: Tomb Raider”.
Several of her subsequent films, such as “Life or Something Like It”, “Alexander” and “Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow” were box-office disappointments, although Jolie herself usually received good notices. She did provide the voice of Lola in the successful animated film “Shark Tale”. Jolie quickly became one of Hollywood’s most “in-demand” actresses. Following the success of “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” (2005), she was set to earn up to $15 million to star in the film “The Good Shepherd” (2006).
Apart from her acting and humanitarian endeavours, Jolie has worked as a professional model in London, New York and Los Angeles and appeared in numerous music videos, including those of Korn, Meat Loaf, Lenny Kravitz, and The Rolling Stones. As for her private life, after divorcing from actors Jonny Lee Miller and Billy Bob Thornton, Jolie has a wonderfull life with actor Brad Pitt, in a relationship that has captured worldwide media attention. Jolie and Pitt have three adopted children, Maddox, Pax and Zahara, and a biological child, Shiloh.
ANGELINA JOLIE DATES
- Jenny Shimizu (1994 – 1995)
- Jonny Lee Miller (1996 – 1999)
- Timothy Hutton (1998 – 1999)
- Billy Bob Thornton (2000 – 2003)
- Colin Farrel (2003 – 2004)
- Brad Pitt (2005 – present)
- Wanted (2008) – Fox
- Kung Fu Panda (voice) (2008) -Master Tigress
- The Changeling (2008)
- Atlas Shrugged (2008) -Dagny Taggart
- Beowulf (2007) – Grendels Mother
- A Mighty Heart ( 2007) – Marianne Pearl
- The Good Shepherd (2006) – Catherine the Great
- Mr. and Mrs. Smith (2005) – Jane Smith
- Alexander (2004) – Olympias
- Shark Tale (2004) (voice) – Lola
- Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004) – Capt. Franky Cook
- Taking Lives (2004) – Illeana Scott
- Beyond Borders (2003) – Sarah Jordan
- Lara Croft and the Cradle of Life: Tomb Raider 2 (2003) – Lara Croft
- Life or Something Like It (2002) – Lanie
- Original Sin (2001) – Julia Russell
- Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) – Lara Croft
- Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000) – Sara ‘Sway’ Wayland
- Girl, Interrupted (1999) – Lisa Rowe
- Bone Collector, The (1999) – Amelia Donaghy
- Pushing Tin (1999) – Mary Bell
- Playing by Heart (1998) – Joan
- Hell’s Kitchen (1998) – Gloria McNeary
- Gia (1998) (TV) – Gia Marie Carangi
- Playing God (1997) – Claire
- George Wallace (1997) (TV) – Cornelia Wallace
- True Women (1997) (TV) – Georgia Virginia Lawshe Woods
- Mojave Moon (1996) – Eleanor ‘Elie’ Rigby
- Foxfire (1996) – Margret ‘Legs’ Sadovsky
- Love Is All There Is (1996) – Gina Malacici
- Without Evidence (1995) – Jodie Swearingen
- Hackers (1995) – Kate Libby (‘Acid Burn’)
- Cyborg 2 (1993) – Casella ‘Cash’ Reese
- Lookin’ to Get Out (1982) – Tosh
Checkout the ASCII Art and Wallpapers of Angelina Jolie in the below link. Please use Lucida Console font to view the art in Notepad. Before that in Notepad go to Format and Uncheck the Word Warp and then Go to Font and Reduce the Font Size to 3 to 4 pt. Use only Lucida Console Font.