Adriana Lima (full name Adriana Francesca Lima) was born on June 12, 1981 in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. She is a Brazilian supermodel, best known as one of the Victoria’s Secret Angels. Like her Brazilian counterparts Gisele Bundchen and Ana Beatriz Barros, Adriana Lima hails from a small town, far from the glamorous life she inhabits today. Her climb from obscurity to glam girl occurred after placing second in the Ford Supermodel of the World Contest. This came after she had won the 1996 Ford Supermodel of Brazil Contest.
She signed with Elite Model Management at the age of 16 and moved to one of the fashion centers of the world, New York. Once there, her modeling portfolio only began to expand exponentially, after appearing in Vogue, Italy in 1997, as well as Vogue, UK, I-D, UK, Marie Claire, Brazil, and Vogue, Italy in 1998. Adriana has also appeared in Vogue, US, Germany, UK and Marie Claire (Italy) all in 1999.
As for fashion shows, the Vogue girl has walked down the runway for the following designers: Cynthia Rowley, Vera Wang, Christian Lacroix, Emanuel Ungaro, Betsey Johnson, Girls Rule, Richard Tyler, Emporio Armani, Giorgio Armani, Fendi, Randolph Duke, Ralph Lauren and Valentino. She revealed in the April 2006 cover feature of GQ magazine that, per her Catholic beliefs, she was still a virgin, explaining: “Sex is for after marriage. Men have to respect that this is my choice. If there’s no respect, that means they don’t want me.”
She has dated many celebrities in the past, including an engagement with rocker Lenny Kravitz (ended in 2003), the prince of Liechtenstein and Major League Baseball player Derek Jeter. She was married to Marko Jaric (2009-present) and has one child named Valentina Lima Jaric.
Adriana Lima does charitable work by helping with an orphanage, “Caminhos da Luz” (Ways of Light), located in her hometown. Practically, she helps with construction to expand the orphanage and buys clothes for poor children in Salvador, Bahia.
- Adriana Lima is best known as a Victoria’s Secret Angel since 2000 and a spokesmodel for Maybelline cosmetics from 2003 to 2009.
- She ranked #57 in Maxim’s Hot 100 2003, ahead of Naomi Watts and behind Salma Hayek.
- Ethnicity is Native-Brazilian, African-Brazilian, Portuguese, French, Japanese and Caribbean.
- She ranked #1 on Askmen.com’s Most Desirable Women (2004).
- She ranked #33 on Askmen.com’s Most Desirable Women (2002).
- She ranked #75 on Askmen.com’s Most Desirable Women (2003).
- She is one of the world’s top fashion models.
- A favorite model of photographer Ellen Von Unwerth, she appears prominently in Von Unwerth’s 1998 book “Wicked.”
- Chosen as the most desirable woman by AskMen.com, leaving behind such starts as Angelina Jolie (#9), Halle Berry (#10), Monica Bellucci (#2) and Charlize Theron (#3).
- Her favorite musician is Lenny Kravitz. She has also appeared in one of his music videos, “Yesterday Is Gone”.
- Her measurements are 33-24-34.
- She ranked #1 on Askmen.com’s 99 Most Desirable Women (2005).
- She has helped financially and worked with orphaned children in Brazil for several years.
- She ranked and Voted #4 by AskMen.com’s Top 99 Most Desirable Women of 2006.
- She was named #39 in FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005” special supplement.
- She was named #27 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006” supplement.
- She’s the second best paid Brazilian model. The first is Gisele Bündchen.
- She was raised by her mother, Maria da Graça Lima (social worker). Her father, Nelson Torres, abandoned his wife and Adriana when she was 6 months old.
- She ranked #53 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Stated that she’s of African, Swiss, and Indian ethnicity.
- She lists “West Side Story” and “Central Station” among her favorite movies.
- Engaged to Lenny Kravitz. [May 2002]
- Her cousin is actress Elissa Sursara.
- According to People.com, Lima secretly married NBA player Marko Jaric in Jackson Hole, Wyoming on Valentine’s Day, 2009.
- She ranked #6 in FHM 100 Sexiest Women 2009.
Check out the sexy ASCII Art of Adriana Lima in the below Link. Follow the given steps to see the ASCII Art clearly in the Notepad. Please use Lucida Console font to view the art in Notepad. Before that in Notepad go to Format and Uncheck the Word Warp and then Go to Font and Reduce the Font Size to 3 to 4 pt. Use only Lucida Console Font.